The All-Iowa Honor Dance Team is comprised of the best dancers from across the state. Our team performs a televised pregame and half-time performance during the championship games of the Girls State Basketball Tournaments at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines. The All-Iowa Honor Dance Team will be making its 43rd appearance and is a highlight of the tournaments!
Each school may register up to seven dancers and choose the audition day best for your team. Auditions are August 26th or August 27th and will be conducted in-person. You must choose one day to audition, you may not split dancers between audition days.
It is important your dancers are available for the rehearsal and performance dates Feb 29th – March 2nd at Grand View University (rehearsal) and Wells Fargo Arena (performances)! Dancers are required to be in attendance at all rehearsals.
If you have questions you may email Kathy Enyart at Kenyart1951@gmail.com or call at 641-780-0298.
Coaches, it is important you send your BEST! Best performers, best attitudes, best learners, best leaders! If someone has been in All-Iowa in previous years they are eligible to audition again! Each school must be a current member of ISDTA, prior to rehearsals. Most schools pay their yearly membership with their State Registration online at ISDTA.net. If you do not participate in the State Team Competition, you can still pay for your ISDTA membership online. ISDTA Membership fees DO NOT need to be paid prior to auditions.
However, audition fees must be paid prior to auditions.
All payments are due prior to your audition. For all late audition payments you will be charged $25 per month.
Come to Berg Middle School on your chosen audition day. Dancers need to wear:
- Black pants or leggings
- Plain white top with no writing
- No crop tops
- Black Jazz Shoes
- No Piercings allowed (exception: earlobe stud, one earring per ear, no dangle or hoop earrings)
Registration must be completed by coaches. One registration per school, no individual registrations.
Cost is $27 per dancer to audition
You have several payment options:
- Check or Purchase Order (You are not required to have your purchase order number at the time of registration.)
- Credit Card (3% service fee included)
Meals are $10 per person, outside food is not allowed. Chaperones and dancers must order a meal.
You may select 1 to 7 dancers to audition.
Registration is due by Friday, August 18th.
Tentative All-Iowa Audition Schedule:
- Registration: 7:15 am – 8:30 am
- *Arrive by 8:00 am to allow time for costume sizing
- 8:30 am – 8:50 am – Announcements
- 9:00 am – 11:15 am – Teach and review Pom and Kick routine
- 9:00 am – ISDTA Coaches Meeting – State Solo and Team Review
- 11:15 am – 12:30 pm – Lunch provided Newton Pacesetters (No outside food unless medically necessary)
- 12:30 pm – 4:00 pm – Auditions (closed)
The information you’ll need to register:
- Dancers’ First Names
- Dancers’ Last Names
- Dancers’ Height
- Dancers’ and Coach Meal Orders
- Date of Audition