Letter from Kathy Enyart
posted January 10th 2021
Here is the latest update on the 2021 All-Iowa Honor Dance Team. Due to the uncertainty of us being allowed to be in person March 4-6 at Grand View University and Wells Fargo Arena, we are moving to a new plan. I want to make sure we are able to acknowledge this awesome group of dancers and I feel this is the best plan.
We are going to “Teach, Rehearse, Perform and Record” all in one day – Monday, Feb. 22 at HyVee Hall. To expedite this plan we will need a quick turn around of your confirmations. Confirmations will be due Jan. 19.
Confirmations need to include type of payment, lunch order, shirt order, jazz pant order, and any other size information needed.
Pricing per dancer = $85/dancer
- (Includes performance fees, performance sweatshirt, certificate and noon lunch box)
- Director/Coach/Chaperone Lunch = $12.50
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD CAN BE BROUGHT INTO HV HALL (i.e. pizzas, subways)
Water: Each dancer will be asked to bring in their own water and personalized water bottles. No jugs or coolers.
- Per Dancer = $85/dancer
- Optional Additional Shirts = Small through X-Large: $20 (add $3 for 2X and 3X)
- Optional Additional Sweatshirts = Small through X-Large: $33 (add $2 for 2X and 3X)
- Optional Jazz Pants = $41
- Chaperone Meal = $12.50
All-Iowa Rehearsal & Performance Schedule
DATE: Monday, Feb. 22
LOCATION: HYVEE HALL C
- 7:15 – 8:30 am Registration in HV Hall C foyer
- 8:30 – 8:45 am Announcements
- 8:45 – 9:15 am Line-up dancers
- 9:15 – 12:00 pm Teach routine and rehearse
- 12:00 – 1:30 pm Lunch (Hall of Pride) – two shifts – Photos
- 1:30 – 3:00 pm Rehearse and clean routines
- 3:00 – 3:45 pm Get dressed (hair and make-up) – Photos
- 3:45 – 5:00 pm Rehearse and Record by IPTV
- 5:00 – 5:30 pm Photos
*NOTE: One director/coach/chaperone per school. No children. We are required to limit the number of persons in attendance
*During the lunch break and 3:00 pm break, dancers will have the opportunity to have their photos taken by Tim McConnell Photography. Information Photo Card needs to be completed by each dancer.
- Refunds will not be issued for any reason (including Covid related cancellations) after the commitment deadline date.
- Dancers, All Iowa Staff and Coaches/Chaperones will be required to wear masks at all times exempt during the actual performance/recording and eating or drinking. If this requirement cannot be met we encourage you to join us next year.
- Dancers will be 6 feet apart on the floor and will not be in physical contact with other dancers within the choreography
- Dancers will not share equipment (poms) at any time.
- Dancers are responsible for bringing their own water bottle – labeled with their name
- All-Iowa will provide proper sanitization (hand sanitizer and wipes); however, it is always encourage for individuals to have their own sanitizers as well. Please bring your own.
What to wear for rehearsals:
Long Black jazz pant and black jazz shoes with a solid white top (no sports bras or crop tops) & black socks
What to wear for the Performance:
Each dancer will be issued a crew neck sweatshirt with the All-Iowa logo on the front and list of participating schools on the back.
Roll Top Jazz Pant
*Many of you already have the Motionwear Roll top jazz pant, so no need to order another (unless it needs to be replaced due to wear). If you need to order a jazz pant you will be ordering: Mondor Jazz Pant-Style#03531.
Optional T-shirt & Sweatshirt:
The 2021 crewneck sweatshirt and t-shirt will also be available to order. The short sleeve t-shirt comes in Heloconia Pink (Raspberry), charcoal gray and white.
All T-shirts & sweatshirts must be pre-ordered and picked up on Feb. 22.
Due January 19th – NO POST ORDERS!!