Confirm Your Dancers
Confirmation due November 1st
Congratulations to all of the dancers on being selected to the 2023 All Iowa Honor Dance Team. It’s now time to confirm your positions, order jazz pants, shirts and meals. You can find the hotel information at the link above or click here.
If you have any questions, please let me know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Tentative March Rehearsal & Performance Schedule (March 2-4, 2023):
It is important your dancers are available for the rehearsal and performance dates March 2nd – March 4th at Grand View University (rehearsal) and Wells Fargo Arena (performances)! Dancers are required to attend all rehearsals. No exceptions.
Thursday, March 2nd – Johnson Wellness Center @ Grand View University (1500 Morton Ave.)
- 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm: Registration at Johnson Wellness Center Foyer (Arrive no later than 4:00 pm to allow time for stretching, registration and costume sizing.)
- 4:30 pm – 9:30 pm: Rehearsal for both pregame and halftime groups.
- Eat before coming and bring a snack. No meal will be provided.
Friday, March 3rd – Johnson Wellness Center @ Grand View University
- 8:00 am – 3:00 pm: Both groups will rehearse at Johnston Wellness Center.
- Lunch Break will be on your own. Outside food/coolers can be brought into the Grand View foyer.
After rehearsal concludes at Grand View, pregame performers will check out their costume tops and change at Grand View. Leave Grand View at 3:00 pm for pregame rehearsal and performance @ Wells Fargo Arena.
Parking: North of Vets will be $10.00/day (cars) & $40/day (bus). Credit Cards Accepted
Enter WFA through the NW DOORS and have a FRIDAY WRISTBAND.
Report to Section 124 (South End). Upon arrival at WFA, retrieve your US Flag and prop – the pregame group will take the floor immediately following the afternoon game for a quick 30-minute rehearsal. Quick rehearsal for spacing and set microphone levels for the Anthem singer.
- 5:30 pm: Line Up
- 5:40 pm: PREGAME PERFORMANCE WITH NATIONAL ANTHEM
- After your performance, performers will keep their costume top for Saturday’s performance. Keep it stored in a safe place and folded neatly. You are free to leave or stay and watch the games.
- 6:00 PM: Game Time for 5A Championship Game
Saturday, March 4th – Wells Fargo Arena
Enter through the NW DOORS with a SATURDAY WRISTBAND.
Report to Sections: 120,122,124.
- 7:45 – 8:15 am: Arrive at Wells Fargo Arena
- 8:15 – 11:15 am: Rehearsal – come with hair & make-up done
- 11:15 – 12:15 pm: Lunch Break, photos, and get performance-ready
- 12:15 pm – (check hair, make-up, costume, cut-off wristbands)
- 12:30 pm -1:00 pm Rehearsal with the TV crew
- After the dress rehearsal, the All-Iowa group/bags will move all items to the 3rd level.
- 1:30 pm – Spectator Doors open
- 2:00 pm – Pregame line-up
- 2:15 pm PREGAME PERFORMANCE/NATIONAL ANTHEM
- 2:30 pm – Game time 4A Championship Game: After 1st quarter, the halftime group lines up in NE and SE tunnels of WFA.
- 2:45 pm/3:00 pm: (approximate time) HALFTIME PERFORMANCE
- *Finish individual photos in the locker room.
- *After your performance, turn in flags, props and poms and you are free to leave or you can stay and watch the games.